Contempt Proceedings Attorney in Columbus


Emotionally charged family law proceedings do not always wrap up neatly. The opposing party’s refusal to follow the court’s decision may be an act of court contempt. To find a violation of a court order, the offended party must prove that the offender willfully ignored a court order.


Over 75 Reviews of 4.8 Stars

Rony R.
Rony R.
3 months ago
Read More
I highly recommend Dmitriy Borshchak to anyone going through a divorce. He helps navigate you through the process, gives you the information you need to make decisions, and keeps it moving. Thanks Dmitriy
Efrain T.
Efrain T.
6 months ago
Read More
100% recommended, attorney Jonathan Pope is a great family lawyer and professional, he took my case and carefully listened and provided a thorough explanation about the process. After the case was submitted attorney Jonathan Pope kept me posted in every stage of the process and he made sure my child’s interest and mine were covered by efficiently reaching an agreement taht was beneficial for both parties.

What qualifies as family court contempt?

Court contempt can include many things, such as failing to:

Consequences for being in contempt of court includes fines, imprisonment, or some other steps to correct the contempt. In some child support cases, the judge can even order wage garnishment to ensure that the child support obligor is paying the support owed as ordered. Contact Law Office of Dmitriy Borshchak today for help with your case!
Contempt Proceedings
Annulment Lawyer in Columbus

Other Practice Areas:

When an agreement is reached, the couples present the written settlement in court together with a petition to dissolve the marriage. The court will hold a hearing within 30 to 90 days after filing, where both parties must appear in court and testify that “you voluntarily entered into the separation agreement; are satisfied with its terms; made full disclosure of assets and liabilities; and, are seeking dissolution of the marriage.” The court must then approve the agreement.
Remember, if either party decides to contest one or more issues during the process, it is legally right in Ohio to apply and convert the dissolution to a divorce complaint. Similarly, if you filed for a divorce and later settled all issues, you can also apply to convert the divorce to a dissolution.
High Asset Divorce